The Sign Up Sheet is on the Notice Board.
SIGN UP FOR AN OKTOBERFEST OF GOLF!
Laurence Waters has arranged a good deal. The price is £36 which includes the prize fund and we have a first tee off at 0908. The price includes coffee/bacon butty,18 holes of golf one course meal.
Its a nice course – don’t miss out!
New Balls, “New” Fence, New Track to Grass Practice Area as well as dramatic grass track racing by the Seniors’ own and Wales’ Answer to Lewis Hamilton.
It should be clear that these proposals are not aimed to get at anybody but to increase the potential enjoyment of all players. Much of this is common sense and already part of most player’s way of playing.
A typical 3ball could be round in 3hours 36 minutes if they spent 9 minutes on par 3s,12 minutes on par4s and 15 minutes on par5s.
- We propose to play READY GOLF, you play when it is safe to do so, regardless of the traditional order of play. The aim is to keep close to the match in front rather than gauging your progress on the group behind. It is the responsibility of all players to be mindful of the pace of their group.
- Work out your next shot as you approach your ball and take your practice swings while you are waiting not over the ball.
- ALWAYS PARK BUGGIES/TROLLEYS ON THE EXIT SIDE OF THE GREEN. If you need a chip or a pitch take your putter with you.
- On the green don’t wait for the bunker to be raked but play on. If near the hole (3 feet) put out rather than marking and waiting. The first to put out takes charge of the flag.
- Move off the green straight away, marking cards at the next tee.
- Play a provisional ball if there is ANY doubt, we all know where the trouble areas are. Others should play before joining the search. The proposal is to have only three minutes to search/play the next shot.
- If you can’t score then pick up, unless it is a qualifying round.
Recommendations for the Course
This will need negotiations with the ground staff!
1.The first cut of the rough should be short enough always to allow for the ball to be seen/found.
- Greens should be smooth and true rather than fast and firm.
- The ground around trees and shrubs should be maintained at a decent level. Being near or in trees is penalty enough without losing the ball.
Summary of the Outcomes of the Resolutions considered at the AGM 2017
To allow members to be aware of its content as soon as possible this Summary has been written without being checked against the Minutes that are to be prepared by the Hon Secretary who is on holiday. Please note the Resolutions have been abbreviated for this Summary.
- To set up a small group to meet to make recommendations to the committee to enable us to speed up the typical 18 hole round. (Proposer Greg Phillips/Seconder Jerry Senior)
- That the section of the computer system that generates tee times for players should be abandoned to be replaced by card based system (Barrie Layfield/Phil Toms)
- That the Eclectic series be based on Seniors Handicap as of 1st January and not subject to change. (Glynn Williams/Steve Maier)
- Seniors handicaps are not reset at the end of the calendar year but roll over year-on-year. (Cliff Davies/Bill Baker)
- Do we keep the Open or change to a Seniors Championship over 2 rounds (Bill Baker/Richard Tucker)
- Amendment/counter proposal: That the committee explore the possible introduction of a Seniors Championship. AMENDMENT PASSED.