CARSWELL CASTAWAYS GOLF SOCIETY – GROUP INSURANCE SCHEME 2020-2021
Caswell Castaways will enter into an agreement with Golfguard Limited to provide Group Liability Cover Insurance for the benefit of members who wish to participate to cover them from 1st June 2020 and lasting for a year.
It is be an Opt-In scheme – Contact Nick Tomaszewski to join (firstname.lastname@example.org) The premium will be
- £5 per year payable by a member new to the scheme.
The summary of cover provided for insured members playing golf at any golf club in the UK and up to 120 days abroad is
1) Up to £5,000,000 in respect of death or injury while you are using a hired golf buggy whilst playing golf on a recognised golf course.
2) Up to £5,000,000 in respect of legal liability for bodily injury they cause to a third party or damage they cause to third party property while they are playing golf.
ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE Irrespective of legal liability insurers will pay up to £5,000 to make good damage to third party property.
PERSONAL ACCIDENT Up to £50,000 in respect of Death, Loss of Limb(s) or Eye(s) or Permanent Total Disablement.
HOLE IN ONE Reimbursement of bar bill incurred on day of achievement during an official Carswell Castaways medal or stableford competition up to £100.”
- There is no excess on claims.
- This insurance does not cover loss of equipment. If you already have or would prefer more comprehensive insurance with Golfguard they will offer a £5 discount when you renew or take out that insurance. Other insurers will probably not offer any discount.
- This scheme will not be available unless you have applied to join or renew before 1st April. We want it to be a once a year job for the Committee. From then on new members to the Seniors will get the option of cover on membership renewal in the following year.
- All who participate must understand it is their obligation to comply with the law and to inform Golfguard directly about any issues relating to the risk to be insured and/or any claim. Other Seniors including the Committee are neither the agents of the insured person nor of Golfguard.
- Participants must notify Golfguard and Nick Tomaszewski of any claim straight away.
- All who participate agree to absolve all other Seniors including the Committee for any negligence in administering the scheme. The Committee is doing this for your benefit and we don’t want to be sued because e.g. we are more useless than you thought and perhaps leave you off the list or mess up a claim.
- The Committee agrees to administer this form of insurance for the benefit of members. Golfguard offer incentives to encourage people to participate. All such benefits, or a cash equivalent, if received by a Committee member will be paid into Senior’s funds.
- We must have 10 participants or more for Golfguard to accept us on normal terms. If because 9 or less people want to join or for any other reason the scheme does not take off anyone who has paid will have their money returned to them.
IF YOU ARE AFFILIATED TO ENGLAND GOLF (WHICH IS FREE – JUST GO TO THEIR WEBSITE TO JOIN) YOU AUTOMATICALLY GET A LOT OF THE ABOVE COVER FOR FREE. HOWEVER, YOU ARE NOT INSURED IF AN UNINSURED GOLFER CAUSES YOU INJURY – GOLFGUARD WILL PROVIDE THIS.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES PLEASE EMAIL VICE CAPTAIN NICK TOMASZEWSKI AT TOMASZEWSKI@BTINTERNET.COM AND HE WILL TRY TO ANSWER THEM PROPERLY.
Everyone who pays will receive an acknowledgement by email. Please make sure you get yours.