Summary of the Outcomes of the Resolutions considered at the AGM 2017
To allow members to be aware of its content as soon as possible this Summary has been written without being checked against the Minutes that are to be prepared by the Hon Secretary who is on holiday. Please note the Resolutions have been abbreviated for this Summary.
- To set up a small group to meet to make recommendations to the committee to enable us to speed up the typical 18 hole round. (Proposer Greg Phillips/Seconder Jerry Senior)
- That the section of the computer system that generates tee times for players should be abandoned to be replaced by card based system (Barrie Layfield/Phil Toms)
- That the Eclectic series be based on Seniors Handicap as of 1st January and not subject to change. (Glynn Williams/Steve Maier)
- Seniors handicaps are not reset at the end of the calendar year but roll over year-on-year. (Cliff Davies/Bill Baker)
- Do we keep the Open or change to a Seniors Championship over 2 rounds (Bill Baker/Richard Tucker)
- Amendment/counter proposal: That the committee explore the possible introduction of a Seniors Championship. AMENDMENT PASSED.