CARSWELL GC SENIORS SECTION – GROUP INSURANCE SCHEME 2019-2020
The Seniors Section will enter into an agreement with Golfguard Limited to provide Group Liability Cover Insurance for the benefit of members who wish to participate to cover them from 1st April 2019 and lasting for a year.
It is be an Opt In scheme. No one will be forced to join. The premium will be
- £4 per year payable – PLEASE PAY WITH THE EXACT MONEY AS WE DO NOT CARRY CHANGE
The summary of cover provided for insured members playing golf at any golf club in the UK and up to 120 days abroad is
1) Unlimited in respect of any one occurrence for bodily injury in respect of UK Road Traffic Act Liability arising out of the use of a golf buggy hired from the Club whilst playing golf on a recognised golf course.
2) Up to £10,000,000 in respect of legal liability for bodily injury they cause to a third party or damage they cause to third party property while they are playing golf.
ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE Irrespective of legal liability insurers will pay up to £20,000 to make good damage to third party property.
PERSONAL ACCIDENT Up to £15,000 in respect of Death, Loss of Limb(s) or Eye(s) or Permanent Total Disablement.
EMERGENCY DENTAL TREATMENT Reimbursement of emergency dental treatment costs resulting from an accident whilst playing golf up to £300.
CLUB SUBSCRIPTION REIMBURSEMENT Up to £1,000 following an accident whilst playing golf resulting in the insured being unable to play golf for more than 60 consecutive days.
HOLE IN ONE Reimbursement of bar bill incurred on day of achievement during an official medal or stableford competition up to £75.”
- There is no excess on claims.
- This insurance does not cover loss of equipment. If you already have or would prefer more comprehensive insurance with Golfguard they will offer a £5 discount when you renew or take out that insurance. Other insurers will probably not offer any discount
- You can pay the premium from the AGM 2018 through to February 2019 – cover will start on 1st April 2019.
- This scheme will not be available unless you have applied to join or renew before 1st March. We want it to be a once a year job for the Committee. From then on new members to the Seniors will get the option of cover on membership renewal in the following year.
- All who participate must understand it is their obligation to comply with the law and to inform Golfguard directly about any issues relating to the risk to be insured and/or any claim. Other Seniors including the Committee are neither the agents of the insured person nor of Golfguard.
- Participants must notify Golfguard and the Seniors Secretary of any claim straight away.
- All who participate agree to absolve all other Seniors including the Committee for any negligence in administering the scheme. The Committee is doing this for your benefit and we don’t want to be sued because e.g. we are more useless than you thought and perhaps leave you off the list or mess up a claim.
- The Committee agrees to administer this form of insurance for the benefit of members. Golfguard offer incentives to encourage people to participate. All such benefits, or a cash equivalent, if received by a Committee member will be paid into Senior’s funds.
- We must have 30 participants or more for Golfguard to accept us on normal terms. If because 29 or less people want to join or for any other reason the scheme does not take off anyone who has paid will have their money returned to them.
Members who have paid:-
|Mervyn Emlyn Evans||£4||08-Jan||£4|
|Ian Arthur Knights||£4||18-Jan||£4|
|Rod JD Maloney||£4||08-Jan||£4|
|Jeremy Andrew Senior||£4||08-Jan||£4|
|52 x £4 =||£208|
Ron Jones and Barrie Bunning have been added to the list.